The Cheyney Foundation is proud to announce we are now offering scholarships for out of state scholarships for non-PA residents in need of financial assistance for the fall of 2018.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be enrolling or enrolled at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania
- Be a permanent resident of a state, country or province outside of Pennsylvania and
- All applicants must have a high school or undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- If you are entering Cheyney, you must have earned a standard U.S. high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Please note that this award cannot generate a refund and cannot be used for back balances. Graduating seniors are not eligible for this award. Graduating seniors should visit www.cheyneyfoundation.org/schoalrships to view scholarships available for seniors.
Please email all application materials directly to Brandy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. All materials must be submitted to have a completed application.
1. Application Essay:
Please submit an essay answering the following questions:
- Share a story on how you came to choose Cheyney University.
- What are your career and professional goals and how does Cheyney University play a part in reaching them?
- How will this scholarship impact your future goals?
2. Unofficial high school or undergraduate transcript
3. Proof of out of state permanent residency (2 documents), please see below and email directly to email@example.com
4. Please provide a letter or statement from the bursar's office declaring your need for additional financial assistance by indicating a past due or gap in your term bill
Please read carefully below what qualifies as proof of residency, please provide two of any of the documents listed below:
Proof of out of state residency include:
- Utility bill including electric, gas, water, sewer, home telephone bill, cable, lease or rental agreement (all pages), or monthly mortgage statement from either you or a parent/guardian
- High school transcript
- Federal income tax from parent/guardian providing you as the dependent or your income tax information (W2 or tax return with out of state address)
- Out of state voter's registration card
- Out of state driver's license
- Out of state auto registration information
- Proof of need from Cheyney University (i.e. letter from Bursar's office declaring need, Bursar's statement, term bill statement, etc.)
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please reach out to Brandy Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that all requirements are verified by various departments at Cheyney University of Pennsylvania.
Applications are due May 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
**Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis
If you have any questions, please reach out to Brandy Jones at email@example.com.